It would seem that the chevron with the green (Riley Blake C2923) in it really got to me because I decided to use it after all. I had intended that to stick to the orange/aqua palette, but I think green can make an excellent ‘popper’, as it enhances a lot of other colours. With this in mind, I also added the spotty fabric, (Riley Blake C2952) which I bought a while ago and was itching to use. The final selection is, from top to bottom:
1. DC5390 from ‘Lush’ by Patty Young for Michael Miller Fabrics.
2. ‘Sage’ from the Kona solids range.
3. PWAT 76 Chevron from Westminster Fabrics. (the blue chevron that I had to leave behind was from the same range)
4. C2952 from the ‘Puppy Park’ range from Riley Blake
5. CX-4834 Tiny Gingham in Aqua from Michael Miller Fabrics
6. 35371-1 from the ‘Glimma’ range by Lotta Jansdotter for Windham Fabrics
7. I have no idea! There wasn’t enough selvage to tell and I didn’t pay attention in the shop. 😦
8. 35377 from the ‘Glimma’ range by Lotta Jansdotter for Windham Fabrics
9. C2923 From ‘Dress up days’ by Doohikey Designs for Riley Blake
I think the aquas are taking a backseat to the oranges and the coloured fabrics, but that’s ok. I knew I was going to do some sort of nine patch, but some playing about convinced me that white sashing would show off the fabrics nicely:
So, all I have to do now is decide how I’m going to arrange the blocks and what I’m going to to for backing, then it’s quilting time!
Hope you’re all having a great weekend.
P.S. WordPress is being very badly behaved today, and won’t do what it’s told at all!